Blurbs and Notes from LinkedIn Founder, Reid Hoffman’s keynote at the 2016 Global Entrepreneurship Summit
- Entrepreneurs are the ones who refuse to accept that the way things are today is the ways thing should always be.
- Starting a company is like jumping off a cliff and assembling an aircraft on the way down
- We should value entrepreneurs in all their different incarnations
- Entrepreneurs need Networks. Networks of capital. Networks of talent and expertise. Networks of customers and product distribution.
- The Networked Age doesn’t just make connectedness easier – it turns connectedness into a key strategic edge that every individual must cultivate.
- As competition increases, the people who are most able to act on network intelligence, build alliances, and spot emerging opportunities, are the ones who will succeed.
- These days, even small businesses are often global businesses.
- Entrepreneurs create the products and services that lead to new industries, new jobs, new opportunities. A society where entrepreneurship is flourishing is a society where workers have many opportunities to pursue meaning and livelihoods
- “All humans were born entrepreneurs.” That’s a quote from Muhammad Yunus, the founder of Grameen Bank
- Entrepreneurship is a fundamental human attribute.We need more of it.
Get Your Tickets to the ChiroSushi Summit NOW