If you’ve ever shopped on Zappos.com, you know there’s nothing incredible about their prices or the products they stock. They do very little advertising, and they don’t offer coupons or discounts. On the surface, Zappos appears to be an average company, doing average things, and yet, Zappos is a household name with $1 billion in sales in less than ten years. The power behind the Zappos brand and majority of their success is attributed to the power of fantastic customer service, which is often overlooked as a sales strategy.– sauce
Some of their most talked about customer success stories included:
- In 2011, Zappos sent flowers to a woman who ordered six different pairs of shoes because her feet were damaged by harsh medical treatments.
- Last March, a customer service rep physically went to a rival shoe store to get a specific pair of shoes for a woman staying at the Mandalay Bay hotel in Vegas when Zappos ran out of stock.
- The same year, it overnighted a free –free! — pair of shoes to a best man who had arrived a wedding shoeless.
- It also paid the tolls on the Massachusetts Turnpike one day last November.
- Oh, and Zappos employees don’t read from scripts. – sauce
To provide the best customer service possible.
“We believe that your company’s culture and your company’s brand are really just two sides of the same coin.”