Use Images and Unique User Generated Content
KissMetrics founder Neil Patel says “Not only do images make testimonials look more professional, they increase “truthiness,” defined as a subjective feeling of truth.”
- 65% of senior marketing executives believe that visual assets (photos, video, illustrations and infographics) are core to how their brand story is communicated. (Hubspot)
- Customer testimonials and case studies are considered the most effective content marketing tactics, identified by 89% and 88%, respectively, of B2B marketers. (2013 B2B Content Marketing Trends Report)
- Customer testimonials have the highest effectiveness rating for content marketing at 89%. (Social Fresh)
- Brands that inspire a higher emotional intensity receive 3x as much word-of-mouth as less emotionally-connected brands. The same academic study also found that highly differentiated brands earn more positive word-of-mouth. (Journal of Marketing Research)
Embrace Bad Reviews
Social commerce company Reevoo has released research that suggests bad reviews are good for business.
The company found that 68% of consumers trust reviews more when they see both good and bad scores, while 30% suspect censorship or faked reviews when they don’t see anything negative at all.
Not only this, but shoppers who go out of their way to read bad reviews convert 67% more than the average consumer.
Reevoo CEO and founder Richard Anson said that though this may seem counter-intuitive, negative user-generated content is actually one of the most effective conversion tools.
Engage with Video Testimonials
Here are just seven stats to blow you away…
- 45% of people watch more than an hour of Facebook or YouTube videos a week.”
- “85% of the US Internet audience watches videos online.”
- “51% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI.”
- “Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users.”
- The 25-34 (millennial) age group watches the most online videos and men spend 40% more time watching videos on the internet than women.
- 59% of executives agree that if both text and video are available on the same topic, they are more likely to choose video.
- Video on a landing page can increase conversions by 80% or more.
Want to automate your Word-of-Mouth Marketing? Sign up to know more about the upcoming launch of Katana by ChiroSushi